Sunday, July 15, 2007

40k List: Iyanden III

"Their arrogance is matched only by their firepower."

I'm keeping all my Dark Reapers. What I have left comes in at a cool 4000 points. I don't think I would ever pick anything up again, other than Titans and a Mk II Scorpion. I don't like the chassis on the Cobra, I would pick up a Scorpion and then convert a second turret for it.

Avatar
Farseer w/ Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune
Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Avenger Shuriken Catapult
Warlock Bodyguard (10 models)

Harlequin Troupe (10 models)
Striking Scorpions (10 models)

Dire Avengers (10 models)
3x Guardians (14 models)
Wraithguard (11 models)
Pathfinders (6 models)
Guardian Storm Squad (11 models)

Swooping Hawks (6 models)
2x Vyper

2x Wraithlord
2x Fire Prism
2x D-Cannon (2 guns)
2x Dark Reapers (5 models)

Nice army, 4000 might make for a good game of Apocolypse. The idea with the Reapers is that they are only pulled out when they need the really big guns.

I honestly don't know if it would be an effective army for Apocolypse. I think in Apocolypse you're going to see army lists changing because of all the guns on the board. Falcons will be even better because they can soak up so much firepower. There is only so much room on the table for manouvering infantry units, especially large ones so static long range supporting fire power becomes disproportionately more useful.

But then on the other hand, Apocolypse is really just about putting all your models on the table and having a good time. Why field 10 Leman Russ tanks when you can field 30? XD

No comments: